I read this numerous month ago in one of my magazines, thought I believe the publication is no longer being published.
- EAT A SQUARE OF DARK CHOCOLATE – Not only is it rich in healthy flavonols, but cocoa also causes the brain to release endorphins, the same feel-good hormones you get after a run.
- EMBRACE THE RUSH – Short-term stress can actually help memory and brain function. So use that initial burst of energy to make the deadline, then learn to just let it go.
- GIVE A BEAR HUG – A nice, big squeeze triggers the release of the warm and fuzzy love hormone oxytocin. No hug- worthy friends close by? Shaking hands works, too.
- TAKE A YOUTUBE – BREAK Just be sure to watch something funny (such as a pet video). A good belly laugh relaxes muscles, lowers blood pressure and releases natural painkillers.
- FIND A GREEN SPACE – Walking in nature relieves tension, decreases frustration and increases calm feelings. No time to get to a park? Even five minutes outside lifts mood.
The above techniques along with meditation or relax exercises will go a long way in improving your stress levels.
I hope this helps…. Dan